Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Sharing Stories: Colorado

This summer I went to Colorado! It was absolutely gorgeous, its basically a photographers dream. I got to fulfill my Pinterest wishes! I was living my Pinterest board--the great outdoors. This was taken at Rocky Mountain National Park. The hike up was brutal. The air is so thin and hard to get used too... I had to make oxygen choices and take half a million breaks but it was all worth it to be in the presence of this.

Mountains are so breathtaking. As I stood in front of this one thing was streaming through my mind: "Shout it, go on and scream it from the mountains." it replayed over and over in my mind until chills ran down my back. I felt God's presence in this moment more than I have in a long time. Sometimes you need to take a trip far from home to get back in synch with Christ. Its easy to forget how real he is in your normal day life. Which sucks.

As humans that's what happens though, we get so wrapped up in our most desired needs that we numb ourselves to the most substantial one. The one our soul thrives on. Its terrible to put it this way but its necessary: When we push or put off Christ we are starving our souls--the most important part of us--of what it needs. Of what WE need.

Y'all God filled me up that week in Estes. He opened my eyes and healed parts of me that I didn't even know needed healing. Get reconnected with him and hold on to him tight!

{STEP 1 of doing that, that I constantly fail at:}
READ YOUR BIBLE! Guy we can only know more about him and how he works if we READ about it. (Yes I said read... suck it up. Its like reading long instagram captions from Jesus's besties. And I know that you've read long instagram captions. We all do at some point.)

{STEP 2:}
Surround yourself with people that you can talk about Christ with. We can't do life alone. (No matter how much we introverts want too.)

{STEP 3:}
Confess your sins and FORGET your sins! Do you think God's sitting up there hoarding a file full of all your sins? Heck no! He forgets them and forgives us. Its not easy to do that. I am constantly re-thinking about passed mistakes, hurts, sorrows, ext. but he forgets and forgives when we don't. When we can't he's there to get us through it and he won't ever stop forgiving us or loving us unconditionally. Cause that it who his is and that is what he does!

Sorry I'm all over the place... Haha! I hope you followed even a little bit. Thanks for reading my random story and I hope you liked it!  



No comments:

Post a Comment