Sunday, July 19, 2015

Hats

As you may (or may not) know hats are all the rage this summer and I'm assuming it will carry on through the fall! Everyone is desiring a wide brim fedora or a classic wool floppy. I could sit here and list off all the reasons why I love hats and type about all the different styles but that's not what this post is about. I'm here to tell you to rock the heck out of them.

I have three of these little beauties (So far) and I don't where any of them. EVER. Except for this one time featured in the picture above... I actually had to band myself from buying them because of that silly little reason.

So, a few days ago I was being lazy, sitting on the couch looking at Pinterest while "watching" The Office and came across a picture of a girl in the cutest hat and for some odd reason that got me thinking: "Why don't I ever where my hats?"
well let me tell you what I came up with...

1.) I don't want to draw attention to myself.
2.) I don't want to look out of place.
3.) I don't want to distract anyone.

Now lets look at the parallels between these three... what do they have in common?
THEY ALL HAVE SOMETHING TO DO WITH IMAGE AND WHAT PEOPLE WILL THINK OF ME! How pathetic is that. Well I decided to test my theories, if you could even call them that. So I went to meet at friend at a local coffee shop (Mama Carmen's CafĂ©) with the biggest hat I have (which is the one in the picture.) and kept myself aware of everyone around me which wasn't to hard.

Sure enough everyone stared and made me feel uncomfortable but you know what? I'm going to do it again, (With a smaller hat) because I looked dang good and I never have to worry about my hair. Y'all there are cons, and there will always be a million things that will stop you from doing something. In the end stepping out of your comfort zone can make you feel so great! And who knows those many coffee shop stares may not have been judgmental ones, for all I know they could have been admiring my outfit that day. (Cause I looked really good.)

All this to say: It's okay to take desired risks. Who cares what that little voice of caution is saying! Go for it, rock it, and be confident. As they say: "confidence is a girls most fabulous accessory..."

No comments:

Post a Comment