Wednesday, November 18, 2015

More Wiriting Junk & What Not...

When you think about it, my life was built for a writing schedule. Since I'm home schooled and my photoshoots are spaced out well, I have numerous amounts of free time on my hands. Although I find myself choosing to fill my time with things that aren't writing.

DARN YOU AMC.

I think the issue is that I don't want to give myself the old kick in the pants to write. I want to do what relaxes my brain, which is pinteresting like you wouldn't believe and watching AMC's The Walking Dead. NERD ALERT--you'll have to get used to that--what I end up telling myself in these instances, is that I'm just "lacking inspiration..." when it really only takes one chapter of something FABULOUS to get the juices flowing. In reality I think the problem is "doing whats easiest."

Its true that watching The Walking Dead is much easier than creating a world, but if I don't give myself that dreaded kick in the pants, no one will be able to read my book and fall in love with my characters just as much as I have!

I WILL FINISH THIS BRAINCHILD! #motivation

Since we're on the subject of finishing things let me tell you another thing about this little adventure of mine... As you've probably noticed, I have my heart set on getting The Woodsmen published. Its kinda frightening to think about the publishing part of things though.
1.) Because I don't know how it works.
2.) Because I don't even know how to get the thing in that process.
and 3.) I have know idea what I'm doing...

Some things that I have figured out:
 I know that I need an agent--and I'm assuming that I can't just order one from amazon...sadly.
I also know that I need an editor--which I have...sorta. She's a huge help, but really neither one of us know what we're doing. It's all just trial and error--which keeps things exciting!

I'm sure I'll get the hang of this, I mean, heck, half of life is trial and error. As long as we have people willing to travel unknown waters with us, we'll be fine!

Thanks for reading, and if you--or someone you know--can help with my Mary Poppins bag of questions and issues, please feel free to contact me! Thanks again, y'all rock my socks off!

No comments:

Post a Comment